Regularly bushing and flossing is the basis of a healthy oral regimen, however, attending bi-annual dental cleanings from Suburban Family Dental is also essential to maintaining good health. It'll reduce the chances of needing one of the following procedures:
- Root Canals: If your tooth develops an infection and the pulp is infected, the only way to treat this issue is for your doctor to clean out the canal and seal it.
- Dental Implants: If cavities have deteriorated your tooth, a dental implant may help you. Dental implants replace tooth roots with a titanium post and place an abutment and crown on top. This will strengthen your teeth and improve the appearance of your smile.
The professional cleaning procedure:
Dental cleanings remove acid-producing bacteria that decay teeth. The accumulation of the plaque produces a hard layer called tartar, which can't be removed except with the help of professional dental cleaning.
Teeth cleanings are performed by a highly trained technician using a special set of tools tailored to your particular needs. This is what the procedure consists of:
- An oral examination is done to evaluate the health of your oral tissues.
- Your Des Plaines dentist uses an ultrasonic scaler to remove plaque and calculus from the tooth surfaces. This instrument breaks up the hardened deposits because of its tip's rapid movement.
- Finally, your teeth are polished using a low-speed rotary brush.
Is it time to schedule an appointment?
Regular appointments are essential to maintaining a high level of oral health. If you have any questions or concerns regarding dental cleanings, or if it's simply time for your next appointment, don't hesitate to contact your Des Plaines, IL, dentists, Drs. Roman Dziubyk and Lorelei Grise, at (847) 640-0778.