Many people don't really give much thought to their oral health until something goes wrong. However, just like other areas of your health, waiting until you experience symptoms like pain or infection leaves you open to such negative consequences such as permanent damage (including tooth loss) and more expensive/time-consuming treatment. Accordingly, the goals of preventive care are to keep your teeth/gums healthy and to catch potential problems as soon as possible. Here at Myers Family Dental in Martinez and Augusta, GA, Drs. Alan and Eliza Myers offer a range of preventive and general dentistry services to protect your smile—read on to learn more!
Protect Your Smile and Oral Health with Preventive Dental Care from our Offices in Martinez and Augusta, GA
The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends that most people go to the dentist every six months for a dental exam and professional cleaning. Because oral health issues like tooth decay and gum disease tend to be progressive (meaning that they develop slowly over time), skipping your preventive care could heavily cost you down the road, especially if you smoke, drink alcohol, fail to practice good oral hygiene, and have a family history of oral health problems.
Oral cancer screenings are another important, although often overlooked, aspect of preventive care. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), oral cancers are the sixth most common type of cancer in the United States. They can develop on the tongue or on the soft tissue/membrane of the oral cavity.
Certain types of oral bacteria have also been linked to general health issues like diabetes and heart disease. Going to the dentist for regular preventive care is one of the best investments you can make in your overall health and wellbeing.
Find a Dentist in Martinez or Augusta, GA
Preventive care can protect you from a number of common oral (and general) health problems, such as tooth decay and gum disease. For more information, contact Myers Family Dental today by dialing (706) 738-7742 to schedule an appointment with one of our dentists.
Sometimes a few minor cosmetic improvements are all it takes to revitalize your appearance, boost your confidence, and improve your overall quality of life. That's why Dr. Michelle Radeka here at Suburban Family Dental in Des Plaines, IL, now offer a number of advanced cosmetic services to help you look and feel your best! Read on to learn how botox treament from Dr. Radeka can benefit your wellbeing.
Cosmetic Botox in Des Plaines, IL
Botox has become a household name in recent years, thanks in large part to the many celebrities who use it to keep up a fresh, smooth, and youthful appearance. (Fun fact: Botox also has a number of additional medical applications and is used to treat everything from migraines to excessive sweating).
The most common use for Botox is to relax the look of fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth/eyes, on the forehead, and along the creases on the neck. Botox is also used to treat a number of medical issues and symptoms like TMJ, incontinence, and muscle contractions among others.
Benefits of Botox
Whether you're looking for cosmetic improvements or treatment for a specific symptom or condition that Botox can relieve, it's important to always go to a licensed and trained professional with experience in administering Botox and other cosmetic treatments.
Botox injections work by temporarily preventing muscle contractions so as to provide relief from the constantly creasing facial expressions that contribute to lines and wrinkles, or to relieve muscle spasms or contractions due to neurological conditions or injuries.
A typical Botox injection lasts between three-to-six months, and in many cases, people find that their wrinkles and lines appear less pronounced after time with continued treatment.
Find a Cosmetic Dentist in Des Plaines, IL
For more information about Botox and other cosmetic and general dentistry services, contact Suburban Family Dental today by dialing (847) 640-0778 to schedule an appointment with one of our dentists.
Regularly bushing and flossing is the basis of a healthy oral regimen, however, attending bi-annual dental cleanings from Suburban Family Dental is also essential to maintaining good health. It'll reduce the chances of needing one of the following procedures:
- Root Canals: If your tooth develops an infection and the pulp is infected, the only way to treat this issue is for your doctor to clean out the canal and seal it.
- Dental Implants: If cavities have deteriorated your tooth, a dental implant may help you. Dental implants replace tooth roots with a titanium post and place an abutment and crown on top. This will strengthen your teeth and improve the appearance of your smile.
The professional cleaning procedure:
Dental cleanings remove acid-producing bacteria that decay teeth. The accumulation of the plaque produces a hard layer called tartar, which can't be removed except with the help of professional dental cleaning.
Teeth cleanings are performed by a highly trained technician using a special set of tools tailored to your particular needs. This is what the procedure consists of:
- An oral examination is done to evaluate the health of your oral tissues.
- Your Des Plaines dentist uses an ultrasonic scaler to remove plaque and calculus from the tooth surfaces. This instrument breaks up the hardened deposits because of its tip's rapid movement.
- Finally, your teeth are polished using a low-speed rotary brush.
Is it time to schedule an appointment?
Regular appointments are essential to maintaining a high level of oral health. If you have any questions or concerns regarding dental cleanings, or if it's simply time for your next appointment, don't hesitate to contact your Des Plaines, IL, dentists, Drs. Roman Dziubyk and Lorelei Grise, at (847) 640-0778.
Do you have a damaged tooth? Adding a crown to the tooth can improve its appearance and function. Your Des Plaines, IL, dentists Dr. Roman Dziubyk and Dr. Lorelei Grise' of Suburban Family Dental offer dental crowns and other restorations and services that will enhance your smile.
How can teeth become damaged?
Your tooth can be at risk for damage if:
- You received a blow to the face: Car accidents and sports injuries are common causes of tooth injuries and may result in fractures. Broken teeth aren't just unsightly but can be painful if the broken ends are exposed to the air.
- You have a crack in a tooth: Even small cracks can weaken the structural integrity of your tooth. If you don't receive a crown, your tooth may break one day when you take a bite of an apple or a sandwich. Cracks aren't always noticeable. Luckily, your Des Plaines dentists can detect cracks during your checkups.
- You had dental work: Root canals improve your oral health but can weaken your teeth. Crowns may be recommended to protect your teeth after one of these treatments.
How can crowns help?
Crowns are hollow restorations that slip over the part of your tooth visible above your gum line. In order to ensure a proper fit, your dentist must prepare your tooth before adding a crown.
Crowns offer several benefits, including:
- Improved Appearance: Your new crown is made from an impression of your mouth to ensure that it looks like your other teeth. Crowns restore the normal height and width of teeth and can also be used to conceal imperfections or change the shape or length of teeth.
- Reduced Risk of Decay: Bacteria can enter your teeth through small cracks and cause tooth decay. Adding a protective crown seals off cracks and stops bacteria from penetrating your teeth.
- Stronger Teeth: Crowns reduce the risk of a fracture if you have a cracked tooth or have had certain dental procedures. Biting forces are absorbed over the surface of the crown, not the underlying tooth.
Protect your smile with dental crowns! Call your Des Plaines, IL, dentists Dr. Roman Dziubyk and Dr. Lorelei Grise' of Suburban Family Dental , at (847) 640-0778 to schedule your appointment.
What's the best way to transform a smile with a missing tooth? Today's superior tooth replacement option is the dental implant. Expertly placed by your dentists in Des Plaines, Dr. Roman Dziubyk and Dr. Lorelei Grise', implants imitate real teeth in appearance, function and stability. Why settle for less?
The amazing dental implant
We don't exaggerate. Dental implants really are amazing. Of course, healthy natural teeth are tops in every way. However, sometimes tooth loss happens, causing unsightly gaps, poor oral function, deteriorated bone and gums and yes, embarrassment. Dental implants change all that as they are firmly inserted into the jaw and meld with the bone through a process known as osseointegration. Time and use increase the bone width and density, and the patient experiences a tooth replacement that seems fully natural. Your Des Plaines dentists use dental implants to anchor fixed bridgework and full dentures, too.
The single-tooth implant
You qualify for one if you have enough bone in your jaw as determined by visual examination, and X-rays. With a solid foundation in place, Dr. Dziubyk or Dr. Grise' places the implant device into the jawbone and sutures the gums closes so the site heals properly over the next several weeks to months.
When you return to Suburban Family Dental, your doctor will open the site again and bond a metal alloy post and porcelain crown onto the exposed implant. Then, your implant is ready for full use.
Implant care post procedure is very important. Your daily routine must include:
- Brushing with a soft toothbrush--either manual or electric--twice a day
- Flossing once a day with unwaxed floss
- Twice yearly examinations and cleanings at Suburban Family Dental.
Transform your smile with dental implants from Dr. Dziubyk and Dr. Grise' at Suburban Family Dental. Phone the office at (847) 640-0778 to request your implant consultation.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.